Boyle Software, Inc. (a subsidiary of Beyondsoft Consulting, Inc.), is a leading, technical solutions and consulting partner. We combine emerging technologies and proven methodologies to tailor elegant solutions that solve complex challenges and empower our customers to accelerate their business goals. Our services include end-to-end design, implementation and support for cloud, digital, data analytics, multi-language translation, and testing.
This is a remote position that can be performed in the continental US. We cannot work C2C for this opening.
Our Cloud & Big Data team is an emerging business in the USA. We are looking for hands-on leaders in Data Architecture who are entrepreneurial in nature, as this is an "incubated" international business growing from our 25 year old company. In this role, you'd be expected to be a leader of tomorrow, as this group has grown internationally from 3 people in 2019 to 85 people now globally, and all account leadership and architecture is handled here in the US.
In this role, you will bring a high degree of hands-on technical architecture expertise in design, development, and implementation of architecture strategy across multiple projects, and you should love wearing multiple hats. Periodically you will also support presales initiatives by owning the solution components in those pitches and you'll lead feasibility analysis on potential future projects. Once architected, you will oversee the development, maturation and integration of enterprise architectures.
- Work closely with customers to understand their technology and business needs.
- Work closely with development team to determine technical needs and requirements of customers.
- Design high-quality solutions for customers using a variety of technologies.
- Provide “hands-on” training and support to customers.
- Provide architectural reviews for customers to verify best practices are being applied.
- Contribute to multiple presales initiatives by owning the solution components in those pitches, and lead feasibility analysis on potential future projects.
- Oversee the development, maturation, and integration of enterprise architectures based on customer provided requirements to meet customer needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Act as the subject matter expert and technical leader in the Cloud & Big Data team, which includes leading and mentoring the team for project delivery, ensuring all customer expectations are met, and providing best practices.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the Cloud & Big Data team on all aspects of project management including project planning, resources allocation, scope definition, issues tracking, risk management, project communication, vendor management, stakeholder management, etc.
- Act as the point of contact for technical project escalation. Work cross functionally to resolve all escalation and drive project issues to closure.
- Provide thought leadership and articulate creative technical solutions to clients as and when needed.
- Communicate customers’ escalations to the delivery leadership team (Web analytics and ADM) so that priorities are aligned with action items clearly set.
- Assist in technical presales activities for RFP, RFQ, and RFI assigned.
- Promote product within the DevOps community to expand the name recognition of the platform and DevOps competency BCI.
- 10+ years’ experience providing IT consulting services relating to technical solutions.
- High degree of technical architecture expertise in design, development, and implementation of architecture strategies in cloud & big data programs.
- Strong hands-on coding experience now till the most recent project, with software development tools and methodologies (Java and Python are a must).
- Lead technical teams of 5-10 engineers.
- Strong programming experience in Python or Java. Optional experience in .NET.
- Strong understanding of coding, architecture, cloud, DevOps, SaaS, etc.
- Rich experience working with big logo clients.
- Expertise in the latest Cloud, DevOps, architecture technologies, methodologies, and business applications.
- Experience processing data with languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, C#, R, etc.
- Strong experience working with data in at least one of the following cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience with columnar MPP systems such as Vertica, Redshift, Snowflake, Paraccel, Greenplum.
- Comfortable with Linux/Mac command line tools.
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres.
- Hands on experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming.
- Strong ability to lead the team to tackle the challenges customers are facing and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies quickly.
- Strong communication skills – must be able to communicate effectively with both developers and executives.
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Math, Information Technology, Information Systems, or related field), or equivalent professional experience.
Boyle Software, Inc., (a subsidiary of Beyondsoft, Inc.), provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and the full employee lifecycle up through and including termination.